Reimagined: 45 Years of Jewish Art
Click on the headline for more:
- "An artful book for Passover" NJ Advance
"[Podwal] examines Jewish history and does so showing the buildings and artifacts of times past but managing to capture what it is that many of us carry within them. He is, naturally showing and telling us, but like all great artists, Podwal makes us feel."
- "Artist Re-Imagines Jewish Art" The Canadian Jewish News
"Lyrical, joyous, yet often simultaneously sad, the compilation of drawings and paintings by Mark Podwal in his new book –Reimagined, 45 Years of Jewish Art (Glitterati)– speaks volumes of how the artist views the plights and predicaments of Jews through time and place."
- "The Art of Mark Podwal" Moment Magazine
"Podwal employs incisive and often intricate line work to create stark images that reveal vivid emotions and tell complicated stories. Although the drawings’ topics are serious ones, his work shows enormous wit and frequently has charming whimsical touches… Like Wiesel’s words, Podwal’s art transcends mere images on paper to serve as a witness to the Jewish historical experience."
- "An Art of Vision and Faith" Print Magazine
"Reimagined: 45 Years of Jewish Art is a massive collection and the first monograph of this famed and prolific artist; one who has connected with art lovers from New York, Prague, Israel and everywhere in between. In this extended collection, the reader encounters the diverse array of works that represent and span Podwal’s illustrious career; from the whimsical, such as Matzoh Moon and Talmud Typewriter, to the political, such asMunich Massacre and Annexing Arab Anger, to the religious, which includes Passover Haggadah illustrations and textile designs from the world’s most historic synagogues."
- "Master of the True Line" Tablet Magazine
- "Mark Podwal’s Visual Midrash" The Christian Century
- "Art traces history of Anti-semitism" National Catholic Reporter
- "Pictures At A Shul Exhibition" The Jewish Week
- "Reimagined: 45 Years of Jewish Art" Hadassah Magazine