Click on headline for more
- "Book Spotlight: My Elizabeth" From A Yellow House
"Firooz’s photos of “his” Elizabeth—many of which we see here for the first time—are stunning expressions of the unconscious pas de duet between artist and subject; then artist and artist—and, ultimately, artist and friend."
"In 1976, she met a young photographer named Firooz Zahedi while she was enjoying a dalliance with his cousin, Ardeshir Zahedi, Iran's ambassador to the U.S. at the time.... The affair with the Iranian diplomat ended, but Firooz remained Taylor's friend for life, traveling with her all over the world, and he's collected his intimate photographers of the late star in a recently-published book, My Elizabeth."
- "My Friend Elizabeth Taylor" Harpers Bazaar
- "A Glimpse Into Elizabeth Taylor’s Private Life" New York Magazine
- "A New Book Offers a Glimpse into Elizabeth Taylor’s World" Architectural Digest
- "Dozing on a yacht. Cooking fried chicken. Sightseeing in Iran: Stunning unseen photos of Elizabeth Taylor" Mail on Sunday
- "Behind the Scenes" New York Social Diary
- "New Elizabeth Taylor Photos Offer Never Before Seen Glimpses of Her Private World" InStyle Magazine
"In 1976, young art student Farooz Zahedi met Taylor, who was dating his cousin, the Shah of Iran's ambassador to the US. This was the start of a friendship that spanned 35 years and Taylor's transition from screen goddess to leading fundraiser and activist for AIDS research (she was the founding chairman of amfAR) at a time when the disease was stigmatized... Now Zahedi's images, many never seen before, have been collected in a "photographic memoir" called My Elizabeth."
- "A Glimpse Into Elizabeth Taylor's Personal World" Barney's 'The Window'
"Elizabeth Taylor was no stranger to the spotlight. With her violet-blue eyes and a life that was just as dramatic off the screen as it was in her films, her persona endures as one of the most iconic Hollywood stars of all time. But what about the woman behind that persona? The lighthearted, fun-loving, and down-to-earth spirit her friends knew when she stepped out of the limelight? Thanks to a new book by photographer Firooz Zahedi, we’re getting a firsthand look at the personal life of the friend known to him as My Elizabeth"
- "Firooz Zahedi, My Elizabeth by Glitterati Incorporated" L'Oeil de la Photographie
"Diving deeper than the jewels, gossip, and multitude of husbands, this book explores who she really is at her core, outside of the Hollywood limelight. Beginning in Washington, D.C., and traveling to New York, Los Angeles, Europe, and Iran, the duo’s collaboration underscores an evolution in their friendship and the real star presence of Elizabeth."
- "My Elizabeth by Firooz Zahedi" HeyDoYou.com