House Proud: Unique Home Design/LousianaClick on headline for more
- “House Proud” Bright Bold & Beautiful
Valorie Hart is an experienced New Orleans based interior designer and decorator, and writes the design blog “The Visual Vamp“. Her book, House Proud: Unique Home Design, Louisiana is “about loving a house so much that it loves you back”, says Debra Shriver from the homes in the state of Louisiana, is much more than a design book. It’s a story about family and friends, culture and heritage.
- “Designer Valorie Hart at home”The Times-Picayune
- “Fearless Lousiana Style [House Proud]” Hello Lovely Inc.
- “RUE READS: House Proud” Rue Magazine
- “'House Proud: Unique Home Design/Louisiana' book signing and reception” The Times-Picayune
Interior decorator, blogger and Houzz contributor Valorie Hart has amassed an exuberant collection of photos of extraordinary homes from the Bayou State in her new book, House Proud: Unique Home Design, Louisiana (Glitterati, 2013). She lets us peek into homes that any New Orleans tourist or resident would love to get inside.
- “BOOK REVIEW: HOUSE PROUD | LOUISIANA STYLE” MaureenStevens.com
- “House Proud in Louisiana” My Notting Hill blog
Pride may be one of the seven deadly sins, but in comparison to greed, gluttony, wrath and the other more sordid vices, it seems rather mild. Really, what's wrong with being a little proud of something you've loved, nurtured and worked hard to get just right? New Orleans designer Valorie Hart's debut book, "House Proud," with photographer Sara Essex Bradley, makes the case - in 192 pages of lovingly decorated Louisiana homes - that pride of place is not only admirable, it's beautiful.
- “Rue Shops New Orleans with Valorie Hart” Rue Magazine
- “Style” My New Orleans